49T to 51T swap, GREAT !!!

2 replies to this topic
  • Polar_Bus

Posted June 14, 2007 - 03:31 AM

I do a fair amount of woods and trail riding to get to my practice track, and I noticed my '07 450 seemed to be geared a bit high in second gear. I seemed to be stuck between 1st and 2nd in the technical trail stuff. I decided to swap to a 51T Renthal, and I am very happy with the results, I was a bit concerned I would loose my beloved smooth power low to mid from this swap, but on the MX track, while I did gain some snap, the power is completely controllable and smooth. Great upgrade for $55 !!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pezman04wrx

Posted June 14, 2007 - 10:03 AM

I have an 04' and I'd have to agree as well ... I went from a 14-48 to a 14-51 when I picked up a set of the Ironman Sprockets and what a difference ... Most of the trails I'm usually on I'm just barely getting into second and I'm constantly doing the 1-2/2-1 shifts ... Now I can pretty much stay in second through everything ... Out on the practice track I really don't notice it much ... I'm still always in third out there ...

• groundpounder450

Posted June 20, 2007 - 06:48 PM

i traded up to a 52 to due to the fact that i ride trail like 98 percent of the time and i love it.... i can lug threw the tech stuff and where i would be wearin my self out going from 1st and 2nd and vice versa i can pop in 2nd and go

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.