Dumb ?

5 replies to this topic
  • hotdog7

Posted June 13, 2007 - 03:57 PM

Why do I have a bead lock on the front tire?

• bashn

Posted June 13, 2007 - 05:34 PM

Try using the front brake when tire pressure is low, and you will find out! The valve stem will dissappear or rip off the tube, making the tire a btch to get off, or leaving the tube unrepairable. Not a huge problem unless your 50 miles from nowhere!:thumbsup:

• spick

Posted June 14, 2007 - 04:55 AM

I was just wondering that myself when I changed my tire last week. Duh...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rich_in_Orlando

Posted June 14, 2007 - 10:08 AM

Because it looks so pretty.

• SJMC_DON

Posted June 14, 2007 - 11:42 AM

Try using the front brake when tire pressure is low, and you will find out! The valve stem will dissappear or rip off the tube, making the tire a btch to get off, or leaving the tube unrepairable. Not a huge problem unless your 50 miles from nowhere!:thumbsup:

Or just get a front flat tire and you'll find out real quick :thumbsup:

• dl19

Posted June 14, 2007 - 10:32 PM

Just to make your life miserable while changing a front tire. You will be glad you have it when you need it like flat, low pressure, heavy braking on pavement, etc..

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.