Scott NSXI works film kit sticking to lens

3 replies to this topic
  • CaptainKnobby

Posted June 13, 2007 - 02:34 PM

I just bought a No Sweat Xi from scott goggles and bought the works film kit for it also. I put the roll offs in the goggle canisters and when I pull the string to advance the film across the lens the film strip sticks to the lens and wont allow it to move:foul: . Has anyone had this problem with roll offs and if so what did you do to keep the film strip from sticking to the lens,is there a trick or something I could do to keep it from sticking.

• KJ790

Posted June 13, 2007 - 04:19 PM

You are supposed to use the non stick lense with the roll offs. They tend to stick to normal lenses.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CaptainKnobby

Posted June 13, 2007 - 06:52 PM

You are supposed to use the non stick lense with the roll offs. They tend to stick to normal lenses.

Yea!...... I put the wrong lens in:banghead: I went back and put the right one in(the one with the dots on it) Works fine now:thumbsup:

• wheels7

Posted June 15, 2007 - 11:00 AM

Also if you dont have the non stick lens because you prefer a colored lens you can take some very light fishing line 4 or 6 lb will do. Take the line and wrap it around the top of one cannister to the bottom of the one opposite it, then up to the top of that one across the lens to the bottom of the other side. It will be a figure eight, this doesnt mess with visibility and has the same effect as the non stick lenses as the film doesnt touch the lens, also make sure you run one of the mud flaps on the top of the lens to kee anything from getting between the lens and film. Pm me with any questions in case my directions are blurry. no pun intended.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.