oil filter

15 replies to this topic
  • screamingjimmy

Posted June 13, 2007 - 01:54 PM

shitt, i just bought a oil filter today, $19.00CDN, and $29.00CDN for 4litres of oil! do the rest of you pay this much?

• screamingjimmy

Posted June 14, 2007 - 05:21 AM

well....... what are you guys paying for oil filters and yamaha oil? I am just wondering if i am over-paying?

the reason I just started buying them is because they included one season's worth of oil and filters when I purchased the bike!

$19.00CDN is near $18.00USD
$29.00CDN is near $27.00USD

• gelean01

Posted June 14, 2007 - 07:34 AM

I would say your getting hosed! I live in winnipeg,MB and I pay approx. $5-for oil and $8- for a filter and I thought this was expensive, well for the filter anyway. So I did a bit of searching and found re-useable stainless steel filters for $60 american and the filter comes with a cool cover(ready racing filters) or you can look at (high flow filters) approx. $3.50 a piece, american.

• dl19

Posted June 14, 2007 - 10:34 PM

Your getting hosed aye. (just a joke) You have the internet obviously so shop around and get it delivered to your door for a fraction of what you are paying.

• Chris_567

Posted June 16, 2007 - 07:18 PM

Sounds pretty standard if you're buying from a Yamaha Dealer.

In Winnipeg

Filter-$17.00
Oil-$7.00 a quart

• old man dan

Posted June 16, 2007 - 11:26 PM

Check around on ebay or other site for Hi-Flow Filtro filters. They run about about 3 buck each if you buy a six pack.

• RJB

Posted June 17, 2007 - 08:52 PM

I would say your getting hosed! I live in winnipeg,MB and I pay approx. $5-for oil and $8- for a filter and I thought this was expensive, well for the filter anyway. So I did a bit of searching and found re-useable stainless steel filters for $60 american and the filter comes with a cool cover(ready racing filters) or you can look at (high flow filters) approx. $3.50 a piece, american.

I'd stay away from the Ready Racing Filter/cover - quite a few unhappy folks out there bought them

• honeycutt

Posted June 17, 2007 - 09:11 PM

I agree, the filter is fine but the cover leaks like crazy and haven't been able to get them to take it back or replace it!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • screamingjimmy

Posted June 22, 2007 - 06:54 AM

thanks for the help guys!!!

aie!

• MojaveThumper

Posted June 22, 2007 - 05:27 PM

I got the permanent filter you just rinse out with brake cleaner fluid. Cost about 40 bucks US but when you figure you are changing the oil every 100 miles or so, it pays ya back real quick.

Will tell you what a mechanic told me, "unless you are flat our racing these bikes HARD, then you might as well use the "KMart, Wal-mart, Pep Boys brand". They all meet the same standards and that Yamaha lube will hurt your wallet. The only time I run Yamalube in my street bike is when I KNOW, there is a track day coming up.

SO, reusable filter (local bike store should have one), cheap store brand oil. Been doing it the last six months with NO ISSUES.

• Mutu

Posted June 23, 2007 - 07:46 PM

shitt, i just bought a oil filter today, $19.00CDN, and $29.00CDN for 4litres of oil! do the rest of you pay this much?

We do pay that much for the OEM filters in Australia, but oil costs WAY more. :thumbsup:

• brolo747

Posted June 23, 2007 - 11:42 PM

Yeah that blows I pay 14.99 us from the dealer for Yamalube. Filters are 4.99 - 5.99 Us. You are gettin' done dry!!!:thumbsup:

• Racegun

Posted June 24, 2007 - 01:25 AM

Im paying bout 25 dollars aussie for yamaha filter and 25 dollars for every litre of motul, anyone know a cheaper yamaha supplier/dealer in Australia let me know please!

• Mutu

Posted June 24, 2007 - 04:16 PM

Im paying bout 25 dollars aussie for yamaha filter and 25 dollars for every litre of motul, anyone know a cheaper yamaha supplier/dealer in Australia let me know please!

You could just bite the bullet and buy a reusable scott's stainless steel oil filter. Buy it from the shop here, it should take less than a week to get over here. :thumbsup:
They flow better (7x?) and filter about the same.

I have got OEM ones for $17 from motosport yamaha in Townsville QLD before.
Just hit your local up for a discount. :thumbsup:

• windaddiction

Posted June 24, 2007 - 04:37 PM

i get The Hi-flow filters from a local Kawi dealer for about 5 bux and get a liter of amsoil for 10$ I only change the filter every second oil change

• gelean01

Posted June 24, 2007 - 06:12 PM

CRAP! I just bought a RR stainless steel filter, I hope i don't have any problems with it. Check out www.procycle.us HiFlow filters $33.00 a 10 pack.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.