2001 WR426 throttle stop
Posted February 15, 2002 - 05:18 PM
I checked past posts on the subject, and it seems
like there are different (mm) suggestions for each post. Here are my questions:
1. How much do I take off? (from the end of the
2. I'm doing this w/out removing the carb, is there a way to see/verify slide position w/out
removing the carb? I'm not a mechanic (I just play one on the web), so if someone could explain the
basics of the relationship between t-stop length
and the carb slide/venturi it would help me to understand alittle more about the mechanics of
this modification (right now it's like "wow,
my throttle turns more" to me).
[ February 16, 2002: Message edited by: Mike D. ]
Posted February 17, 2002 - 10:14 PM
Now, I'm no mechanic either but if I remember correctly, I ground mine down to 22mm (including the head). You can easily tell if it's right by doing this trick:
* Take off the seat
* Take off the side panels
* Remove the rear bolt for the exhaust
* Remove the lower bolts from the sub-frame
* Remove the air-box from the carb (just the connection)
* Pivot-up the entire rear fender & sub-frame assy.
Now you can see right into the throat of the carb. Then all you have to do is check to see that the slide *just* clears the top of the opening; if it does, that's as much as you need.
With this mod (along with the airbox, gray wire, and exhaust plug removal) the bike is a TOTALLY new machine!
Posted February 17, 2002 - 10:26 PM