Riding in Hawaii - Oahu

No replies to this topic
  • JeffMon

Posted February 15, 2002 - 04:24 PM

I just got back from Oahu. I had enough sitting on the beach and was ready for a ride. I found a great Outfitter for a great price. We had a awesome time.
At first when the outfitter Al, said he had a 2000 XR200, 2002 TTR125L, and a 1998 Sherpa 250, I was bummed. It's not a 426, but my daughter rides a TTR125L, and her and I were going so I thought I could just putt along.
After 5 hours of tight trails, hill climbs, river crossings I was bushed. Having the XR200 worked out great. I was constantly picking the bike up over exposed roots, rocks etc. The trails were varied and the guide let us choose any type of riding we desired. Toturechambers pictures Torturesphotos@msn <http://Communities.m...shoebox.msnw?a> show alot of the tight stuff, but there was also open stuff with views from Sunset Beach to Turtle Bay.
Al was an awesome guide. He wasn't uptight if you dumped his bikes.
Here is the best part. He only charged $150 for a day per bike. That included the bike, gas, pick up at your hotel and return (1 hour drive each way), helmet, boots, gloves, chest protector the works.
He isn't on the web or Yellow Pages. I found him by word of mouth, his number is (808) 739-6713. Tell him Jeff and Veronica from California recommended him.

Have fun

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.