rear brake vibration

5 replies to this topic
  • new2blu

Posted June 12, 2007 - 06:34 PM

I have an 03 WR450 with an intermittent rear brake vibration. This vibration cannot be heard ;but felt in the pedal. I have replaced the worn rear brake pin with no change; I may try changing the brake fuild and see what that does.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what else to try?? BTW the pads are original with lots of pad left.

• mcflzwr450f

Posted June 12, 2007 - 07:10 PM

sounds like a warped rotor?? Did you over heat it or hit on a rock??

• Murray Dorward

Posted June 12, 2007 - 10:14 PM

I agree the rear disc is probably bent or warped from old age or from hitting a rock. Check it by 1st putting your bike on a stand with the rear wheel of the ground, then holding a screw driver against the swingarm with the point just touching the rear disc, spin the wheel and you will be able to see if the disc is bent due to the disc moving towards and away from the screwdriver point.

Cheers

Muz
:thumbsup: :busted: :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JaysDirtyRide

Posted June 13, 2007 - 10:42 AM

Sounds like a warped rotor.

The warping can be very subtle so that it is barely perceptible to the eye but you can feel it in the pedal.

-Jay

• butcharin

Posted June 13, 2007 - 10:50 AM

Id say its a warped rotor. Good luck

• new2blu

Posted June 14, 2007 - 03:07 PM

Thanks guys I will check for warpage.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.