When was the XR650R introduced?....

4 replies to this topic
  • rkwfxd1

Posted June 12, 2007 - 03:30 PM

and when is the next version anticipated? I'd like to buy one that is 25-30 pounds lighter with electric start and inverted forks. Hopefully they will keep it rock reliable and easy to work on with threaded tappets. I'm not too interested in the 450 as it seems to be a real maintainence PITA on the forum.

• drop

Posted June 12, 2007 - 03:33 PM

2000 was the first year. There is no big bore replacement in the works as far as we know. Here's hoping KTM spanks Honda in Baja this year and they go back to the drawing board.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rkwfxd1

Posted June 12, 2007 - 04:08 PM

Funny you mention KTM as that is probably what I will go with if Honda does not come through. My buddy has a 525 that I have ridden and love. The new 530 is looking pretty sweet.

• Billahjack

Posted June 12, 2007 - 04:42 PM

Yeah the 525 is a killer bike and street legal. I rode an uncorked 2007 a few times. Two of my buddies just bought 07's. A few other buddies at work have some that are a couple years old. They have little problems with engine and transmission internals which are updated on the 06 and 07's (broken gears, valvetrain issues). 07 is street legal, 06 is not. I would spend the extra $$ for an 07 so you don't break little things that end up costing a bunch of money.

Unplug the drain on the carbon cannister on the 07 or it will flood out when you crash and not start. See the forum for the uncorking.

• tdamore

Posted June 12, 2007 - 08:50 PM

and when is the next version anticipated? I'd like to buy one that is 25-30 pounds lighter with electric start and inverted forks. Hopefully they will keep it rock reliable and easy to work on with threaded tappets. I'm not too interested in the 450 as it seems to be a real maintainence PITA on the forum.

Thats called the 450x. Well, everything except the maint. part

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.