XR650L Engine stalling/dying because...?

5 replies to this topic
  • jct9841

Posted June 12, 2007 - 11:40 AM

Hello all,

Took the bike out for a 50 mile ride last weekend. The engine died a couple of times when downshifting for a stop sign & pulling in the clutch. Started OK with the starter.

Also when cruising at highway speeds and suddenly backing off on the throttle and pulling in the clutch the engine died. Started by popping the clutch.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

JT

• pigryder

Posted June 12, 2007 - 12:01 PM

try bumping up the idle alittle bit

• sephy

Posted June 12, 2007 - 12:50 PM

try bumping up the idle alittle bit

Yah bump up the idle a little bit and perhaps turn out the pilot screw a little bit.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wheelnut46

Posted June 12, 2007 - 06:57 PM

Mine does that right after installing a freshly oiled UNI filter. After a little while it clears up.

• martinfan30

Posted June 13, 2007 - 08:22 AM

Mine does that right after installing a freshly oiled UNI filter. After a little while it clears up.

over oiling?

• Whiteman

Posted June 13, 2007 - 06:16 PM

Did you put on a new gas cap or vent tube. Mine does the same thing and think it may be a vacuum problem. If you don't have a new cap or tube then maybe I am barking up the wrong tree.

I can tell you it is not the CDI, I already replaced it and no fix. Next will be the coil and plug.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.