So the 08 has been announced, lets discuss

47 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted June 14, 2007 - 06:26 PM

Your cost sheet is either just wrong, or is a price based on the highest cost/lowest quantity order. Dealers that sell higher volume don't pay anywhere near that. My '06 cost me $6200 OTD in June last year. Subtracting only the registration fees and the tax, that leaves it at $5772 if it cost nothing to set up and if they didn't make any money on it, and I can flat out tell you that the dealer I bought it from did not sell it for cost, and they weren't the only one selling at that price. And they weren't the best deal in town, either, as it turns out.

• mn519

Posted June 14, 2007 - 06:44 PM

Your cost sheet is either just wrong, or is a price based on the highest cost/lowest quantity order. Dealers that sell higher volume don't pay anywhere near that. My '06 cost me $6200 OTD in June last year. Subtracting only the registration fees and the tax, that leaves it at $5772 if it cost nothing to set up and if they didn't make any money on it, and I can flat out tell you that the dealer I bought it from did not sell it for cost, and they weren't the only one selling at that price. And they weren't the best deal in town, either, as it turns out.

I included shipping in that cost. As it is the price the dealer actually had to pay for it. The dealer net cost w/o shipping was 5599 and 5679. not a high volume dealer in dirt bikes, but an averages size small town dealer.

Funny thing is reading this post I just realized I paid tax on my 06 last week when I shouldnt of. I am so used to getting stuff at this dealer which is in my home town that I forgot I moved a month ago to out of state(and got the new out of state ID) and didnt tell the dealer. That was $300 in tax! I am gonna call him tomarrow and see if we can "cancel" the last purchase and repurchase it.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• djtroy

Posted June 14, 2007 - 10:01 PM

My buddy and I are both getting 2008's :thumbsup: :busted: :thumbsup:

• kxman

Posted June 15, 2007 - 02:31 AM

The dealer in question here is Abernathy's. They are located in Tn. Very large multi line dealer that has been in business many years. Their business plan should be followed by all dealers. They post their prices on their web site. No B.S. you pay what they advertise. No add on prep, shipping, or other fees. This is where I bought my bike and if I ever buy another they will be the first place I look.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • matts06yzf

Posted June 15, 2007 - 02:21 PM

The dealer in question here is Abernathy's. They are located in Tn. Very large multi line dealer that has been in business many years. Their business plan should be followed by all dealers. They post their prices on their web site. No B.S. you pay what they advertise. No add on prep, shipping, or other fees. This is where I bought my bike and if I ever buy another they will be the first place I look.

smart man people never believe me when i say, what i paid. Its worth the drive there for me.

• Ga426owner

Posted June 15, 2007 - 02:30 PM

smart man people never believe me when i say, what i paid. Its worth the drive there for me.

The best place to find the best deal on Yamis in the Southeast. Tell your dealers this is what you'll pay...and watch them :thumbsup: & :thumbsup:

• DPW

Posted June 17, 2007 - 07:29 AM

5839 otd on 08 when they come in late july early august abernathys. I got me one coming I will prob just keep 06 to screw it

Amazing price, good dealer! I still recall when a dealer in the Austin area quoted me $8100 for an '06..:thumbsup: I take my money else where. Dealers in TX do not deal much.

• TexN343

Posted June 17, 2007 - 11:51 AM

Very true the Yammy/Suki Dealer here in Fort Worth won't budge on anything and the sells people there are young foolish blow hards that couldn't sell candy to a kid. My family goes outside the city to deal with better customer service. A dealer that jets your bike the minute you decide the buy a bike it great. Nothing else will seal the deal better than hearing your bike roar while your signing those last papers!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.