xr650 cali model differences?

6 replies to this topic
  • IMNXNYR

Posted June 12, 2007 - 06:00 AM

This is a great forum and my first post here as well.
I have recently purchased a 07 xr650l and was told that it would be shipped from California as the inventory for these bikes was dwindling pretty quick and there weren't any available in my area (Georgia). After the dealership received confirmation of the bike being shipped they informed me that the model was not a California version after all.

What are the visual differences between the cali version and the non-cali versions (if any)?

I have the bike now and have been using it daily for commuting and some trail riding and saw the article regarding the smog block-off kit procedure, looked at the pictorial for that write up and checked my bike to see if I had this pump installed and it is there. I also looked at the xrsonly block-off kit and it states that it is only for the California models and is illegal for use highway models. This true?

Just curious if you experienced owners could clarify any of this for me.
Thanks.

• gabriel

Posted June 12, 2007 - 06:29 AM

I think they are all the same...sales men don't know shit.

• txmedic

Posted June 12, 2007 - 06:39 AM

Bought mine in Texas. I'm removing the air pump this weekend.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • IMNXNYR

Posted June 12, 2007 - 06:52 AM

Sounds good to me. Thanks for the info ya'll.

• XR650L_Dave

Posted June 12, 2007 - 07:59 AM

49 state-ers have the smog pump and also a round flattish canister (oil seperator) just below and behind the petcock.

I hear cali bikes also have a charcoal canister (somewhere) for gas fume recovery.

Dave

• Denn10

Posted June 12, 2007 - 09:12 AM

yeah they do dave FYI did you know that NOW there is CA legal generator also &%$#@! California is going just a bit overboard with there CARB BS on every engine out there Saw this when i was looking at Honda generators

• martinfan30

Posted June 12, 2007 - 10:26 AM

This is a great forum and my first post here as well.
I have recently purchased a 07 xr650l and was told that it would be shipped from California as the inventory for these bikes was dwindling pretty quick and there weren't any available in my area (Georgia). After the dealership received confirmation of the bike being shipped they informed me that the model was not a California version after all.

What are the visual differences between the cali version and the non-cali versions (if any)?

I have the bike now and have been using it daily for commuting and some trail riding and saw the article regarding the smog block-off kit procedure, looked at the pictorial for that write up and checked my bike to see if I had this pump installed and it is there. I also looked at the xrsonly block-off kit and it states that it is only for the California models and is illegal for use highway models. This true?

Just curious if you experienced owners could clarify any of this for me.
Thanks.

ya you are not supposed to take that off but who will ever be able to enforce that?? that was the first thing i did when i got mine. not only that but me and 2 other xrl's just did a 500 mile ride in california with no prob.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.