Hot Cams?????

No replies to this topic
  • thumper245

Posted June 11, 2007 - 09:15 PM

Ok I am an old TT member that has been on leave for about a year. I have a 2002 XR650L that is sick!!! The last ride I was on I checked the oil before leaving, ( I warmed it up then checked it the proper way), Registered 3/4 in the operating range. Rode it hard mostly off road for around 70 miles, engine started knocking, checked oil again not on dipstick. One of my buddies rode back and picked up some oil then I added one QT then it was 50% operating range on dipstick. Rode it home with no problem other than if I got on it, it smoked and started to knock. Another ridding buddy had 2 of the same year and model bikes with the same problem. I just decided to fix it and have not taken it apart yet. What I would like to know is:
What everyone thinks of the stage 1 Hotcams cam
what Parts I will probably need
and last but not least what do you think caused the problem?
I have the Hotcams cam and the new rocker arms, other than the gasket kit what should I order before taking apart? I want all parts that can be for seen or should be replaced before taking apart. I am also toying with the idea of the big bore kit. Please let me know what you have done to yours and any ideas that you might have. Feel free to add opinions also.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.