Dr. D Exaust System

2 replies to this topic
  • Sean_McCutcheon

Posted February 15, 2002 - 05:36 AM

Is anyone running this system, if so is it loud and how much more performance?

I am currently running the fmf powercore IV and the powerbomb header. But unfortunately I bent it up pretty bad, so instead of trying to fix it I am looking for a new pipe.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted February 15, 2002 - 05:39 AM

Sean, my friend has the DRD on his 426. It adds more power to low, mid & top. I am thinking about buying one also. I have not ridden with the Thunder Alley pipe like a bunch of others here have. But from all info these are the best 2 avail. for the 426 today.

• manny_o

Posted February 15, 2002 - 03:58 PM

Originally posted by Sean McCutcheon:
Is anyone running this system, if so is it loud and how much more performance?

I am currently running the fmf powercore IV and the powerbomb header. But unfortunately I bent it up pretty bad, so instead of trying to fix it I am looking for a new pipe.

This system rocks. It is one of the few systems that doesn't take you "backwards". Doug has worked over time on his "step" system and I'm sure others will follow. His pipes are especially effective on 250F's. Take your time with jetting and you can always ref. to the Yamaha manual. The section on jetting is pretty good. If you run into any unusual issues call Dr. D. He's helped a few people I know get their bikes SCREAMING!(2-400's/3-426's and everone I know with a 250F!) Be careful when you are looking at systems for the 250F. It doesn't like 400/426 "Slap-ons" (implies that the manufacturer just slapped their 400/426 system on). The 250 doesn't seem to appreciate poor design or systems with "oversized" tubing.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.