Good 96dB silencer and S/A?

6 replies to this topic
  • Wiz636

Posted June 11, 2007 - 11:34 AM

I need to buy an US Forest Service approved 96 dB (preferably less) silencer and spark arrestor for my '06 YZ450. Any good/bad experiences or recommendations?

Has anybody tried the new White Bros XCR?

• wrecking crew

Posted June 11, 2007 - 01:15 PM

i had talked with white bros about the xcr and they advised me that they did not make it for the 06, and that the 07 would not fit because of the diameter of the head pipe, so then i purchased the e2 and have been completely satisfied. It has a removable s/a and also a removable end cap if you want to take it to the track. You can search around and find them at a reasonable price also. I ordered mine through temecula motorsports.

• ISBB

Posted June 11, 2007 - 04:11 PM

PMB Endo Endcap with silent insert or the PMB Performance/Silent insert :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • davidl9999

Posted June 11, 2007 - 04:32 PM

Two Brothers V.A.L.E and P1 or P4 tip. :thumbsup:
http://www.twobros.c...aha/indexMX.htm

I run the YZ250F SS full exhaust on my '07WR250F w/p1 tip. I keep the P4 tip around in case I ride at Gorman or somewhere else that noise is enforced.

• Smokeslider

Posted June 11, 2007 - 05:17 PM

I vote for the PMB endo with silencer/SA cap. Minimal difference from stock and way cheaper....

• Wiz636

Posted June 11, 2007 - 07:45 PM

Thanks for the input guys...any idea what the db level is with the PMB endcap and silent insert?

• David37

Posted June 13, 2007 - 07:12 PM

I've been sound tested numerous times with my WB E2 and passed every time with no problems. I've been tested numerous times because AMA District 37 sound tests at many of their events. The FMF Q4 would be my second choice.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.