New Dr. D exhausts...what's the Diff??

3 replies to this topic
  • FLeX484

Posted June 11, 2007 - 06:54 AM

I was looking on the Dr. D website at the new pipe designs....I see that 2 of the 4 come with quiet inserts and spark arrestors....i know that there is a weight increase as you get away from carbon + titanium...
but is there any difference in performance between the top of the line one, and the stainless + aluminum....i would love to get the stainless + alum. pipe for the added strength since my bike spends alot of time on the ground :thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted June 11, 2007 - 08:34 AM

As far as I know, the stainless system is the same from a performance standpoint, with the extra weight being a trade off for a lower price and greater strength.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sixoutoften

Posted June 11, 2007 - 10:06 AM

I just got the stainless system for my '07 YZ450 and I love the performance. I had a problem with the endcap coating peeling and scratching off for no reason. I called Dr. D about it and they were very helpful and immediately sent me a new endcap free of charge. I assume other people were complaining about it too.

• grayracer513

Posted June 11, 2007 - 11:56 AM

If you are assuming that based on their quick response to your problem, your logic doesn't necessarily apply. That's how Dubach Racing Development handles all their customer service; quickly, effectively, and without any BS whatsoever.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.