07 WR450 and Overheating

3 replies to this topic
  • ckroto

Posted June 10, 2007 - 04:21 PM

Just finished a great ride that included a very nasty boulder filled canyon. Some parts of the canyon were first gear, feathering clutch, slow speed and it was very hot today. Boiled the rad fluid pretty good. Just not enough speed to get any airflow going. After she cooled down for a few and we got the hell out of there, everything seemes fine. Is there anything other than topping off the fliud that I should be worried about? Fresh oil? Is overheating this thing like that gonna kill it? Thanks in advance.:thumbsup:

• SJMC_DON

Posted June 10, 2007 - 08:09 PM

Just finished a great ride that included a very nasty boulder filled canyon. Some parts of the canyon were first gear, feathering clutch, slow speed and it was very hot today. Boiled the rad fluid pretty good. Just not enough speed to get any airflow going. After she cooled down for a few and we got the hell out of there, everything seemes fine. Is there anything other than topping off the fliud that I should be worried about? Fresh oil? Is overheating this thing like that gonna kill it? Thanks in advance.:)

Changing the oil is always a good idea but other than that no. I have done this many of time on many WR's with out worry :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SXP

Posted June 10, 2007 - 08:24 PM

Just finished a great ride that included a very nasty boulder filled canyon. Some parts of the canyon were first gear, feathering clutch, slow speed and it was very hot today. Boiled the rad fluid pretty good. Just not enough speed to get any airflow going. After she cooled down for a few and we got the hell out of there, everything seemes fine. Is there anything other than topping off the fliud that I should be worried about? Fresh oil? Is overheating this thing like that gonna kill it? Thanks in advance.:thumbsup:

You shouldn't have to top anything off. Whatever boiled over into the overflow reservoir should have been sucked right back into the radiators as they cooled down. Unless off course, it boiled over enough to completely fill the reservoir and get expelled out of the reservoir overflow tube.

• blackdog9

Posted June 11, 2007 - 01:55 PM

¿have You Done All The Uncorking?? A Major Source Of Overheating Is A Lean Mixture... Just As It Comes From Japan...
Try Removing Exhaust Inserts, Cutting Cdi Grey Wire, And Of Course Re-jetting...
Sergio

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.