Maybe I'm just stoopid

6 replies to this topic
  • mtrider1

Posted June 10, 2007 - 01:07 PM

I just had the carb off my '01 yz426 to do the fuel pump mod and lengthen the pilot screw.Upon reassembly,it acts like it's bouncing off the rev limiter all the time.I've already done the blue wire mod so I have a hard time believing thats the problem.It only does it after about 4k rpm or so and choke or hot start input does not affect it,it runs great off the bottom.Any ideas from you folks??

• grayracer513

Posted June 10, 2007 - 03:25 PM

A common mistake is to put the spring plate back in upside down. It looks as if it should be installed with the round edge down, but the flat edge on the side with the hole in it is the one that belongs on the bottom. #11 in the picture:

http://parts.yamaha-...ifx?d=34780,2,0

• mtrider1

Posted June 10, 2007 - 03:37 PM

I only had the bowl off it.Reset the float level and pulled the pilot out for modification to make it longer.pulled it back off today and blew out all the jets and still same problem.Reminds me of cars at work bouncing off rev limiter.{I'm an auto mechanic}Thanks for your input.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted June 10, 2007 - 03:46 PM

What are you talking about when you say you lengthened the pilot screw?

• mtrider1

Posted June 10, 2007 - 03:49 PM

I extended the length so I can adjust it easily.

• grayracer513

Posted June 10, 2007 - 03:51 PM

And the spring, washer, and O-ring all went back in, right?

• mtrider1

Posted June 10, 2007 - 03:59 PM

It's all there.I thought if i richened it with the choke or leaned it with the hot start it would change,it doesn't make any difference.It almost sounds "pingy" like a two-stroke when it quits.{kinda goes bing bing when it quits revving}

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.