Lets See!!

3 replies to this topic
  • kounkel321

Posted June 10, 2007 - 10:04 AM

hey anyone with a yamaha and red hubs post some pics..i wanna paint mine on my 426 but if i paint the hub will it scratch off easy or anything? i painted a rim a few years ago and it chipped off like crazy....thanks

• Markopolo400

Posted June 10, 2007 - 01:10 PM

Don't paint anything.

Get the rims anodized, and the hubs powdercoated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kounkel321

Posted June 10, 2007 - 04:53 PM

well this afternoon i got bored and went at the rims with some Mothers polish and they are chrome as heck now...i still wanna powdercoat the hubs though, any price range you guys got for me?

• Protocav

Posted June 11, 2007 - 08:05 AM

powdercoating the hubs is not a good idea. aluminum starts loosing strength after about 350 degrees (assuming it is pure 6061-T6 machined) so you will compromise the integrity. additionally, the hubs are cast, so there is no way to accurately gauge how much strength was lost.

anodize or polish only for the hubs.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.