New XR650L

11 replies to this topic
  • axle8

Posted June 10, 2007 - 03:43 AM

Just bought a '07 650L, what should I do to make a great bike even better?

• Trail Rider 7

Posted June 10, 2007 - 03:46 AM

Don't be like me I purchased my L in Jan and only have 50 miles on the bike.

• axle8

Posted June 10, 2007 - 03:54 AM

Trail rider, I plan on making this bike a daily rider on and off the rode. I had a '83 600 years ago, loved the bike. went to street bikes and dirt. always missed the on and off.

• Trail Rider 7

Posted June 10, 2007 - 04:01 AM

Its a gret bike to have but I also have a 450 X that just rips. I spend a little more time on the x due to the broad power that it has.

• Huffa 2

Posted June 10, 2007 - 04:06 AM

Trail rider, I plan on making this bike a daily rider on and off the rode. I had a '83 600 years ago, loved the bike. went to street bikes and dirt. always missed the on and off.

I had an 83 too, my favorite bike for sure. :thumbsup:

• txmedic

Posted June 10, 2007 - 04:12 AM

Just bought one as well. So far, I'm waiting for UPS to bring me a Clarke 4.7 gal. tank, a bash plate, emissions removal kit, a luggage rack and side racks. I already put Acerbis hand guards on. Soon I will re-spring it front and rear and may consider a Corbin seat in the future.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Huffa 2

Posted June 10, 2007 - 04:34 AM

Just bought one as well. So far, I'm waiting for UPS to bring me a Clarke 4.7 gal. tank, a bash plate, emissions removal kit, a luggage rack and side racks. I already put Acerbis hand guards on. Soon I will re-spring it front and rear and may consider a Corbin seat in the future.

Where did you get them at?

Here is a handy link axle ........ http://www.4strokes.com/tech/honda/

• goblin127

Posted June 10, 2007 - 05:10 AM

Just bought a '07 650L, what should I do to make a great bike even better?

You may want to start by doing Daves carb mods and put a bigger tank on it.

• axle8

Posted June 10, 2007 - 05:33 AM

I have heard of the carb mods. Does anyone know what is meant by uncorking and what is the best way to do it? Also would like to put a rack on it. I'm going to run for a while before I do any suspension work if any.

• Huffa 2

Posted June 10, 2007 - 05:52 AM

I have heard of the carb mods. Does anyone know what is meant by uncorking and what is the best way to do it? Also would like to put a rack on it. I'm going to run for a while before I do any suspension work if any.

Axle, :thumbsup: all that info is in the link that I just gave you, take a minute to scroll up and down, you'll see it.

The uncorking is simply the "Do-It-Yourself Smog Block-Off kit", it's in there too.

• txmedic

Posted June 10, 2007 - 09:31 AM

Where did you get them at?

Here is a handy link axle ........ http://www.4strokes.com/tech/honda/

The emissions kit was from Baja Designs. The racks were from ebay. Very similar to the Happy Trails units for much less. If they are junk, I haven't lost that much.

• axle8

Posted June 10, 2007 - 11:20 AM

Thanks To All. I'm Going To Check On The Links That Were Given And Get The Credit Card Out. Just Came In From Putting 60 Quick Miles On Her, Dirt Mud And Highway. What A Blast. I Feel Like I'm 20 Years Younger!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.