Grey Wire

4 replies to this topic
  • Solo

Posted June 09, 2007 - 09:30 PM

I thought that all the free mods had been done to my 2000 WR400 when I got it. The stop was cut, the airbox was de-baffled and the lid was gone. Last night I discovered the gray wire was still hooked up. I pulled the wire and taped it back. Today while riding (untill I crashed) I noticed MUCH less popping and missing. Didn't notice it being and stronger, just smoother.

Just thought I'd share.

• sheesfast

Posted June 09, 2007 - 10:30 PM

thanks for the info, ill be doing the same soon

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jmccown

Posted June 10, 2007 - 07:02 AM

I done my 99 yesterday. I thought it was smoother as well, rather than more powerful. I couldn't find a throttle stop screw though, maybe just the 250f's have them.

• JaysDirtyRide

Posted June 10, 2007 - 07:49 AM

I done my 99 yesterday. I thought it was smoother as well, rather than more powerful. I couldn't find a throttle stop screw though, maybe just the 250f's have them.

Hi jmccown.

The 450's have them as well. Replace with the YZ t-stop screw or cut off the WR screw.

-Jay

• Solo

Posted June 10, 2007 - 10:38 AM

T-stop screw is under the cable cover on the carb. You can find it from the right side of the bike. Flip the kick starter out, use allen wrench to remove the cover to access the cables and it will be toward the rear of the carb.

http://www.thumperfaq.com/throttle.htm

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.