05 air filter question

4 replies to this topic
  • dl19

Posted June 09, 2007 - 07:34 PM

Just went to put on my Twin Air filter and it was for 03 model. Dealer said it was the same for 05, but it is noticeably smaller the stock but fits screen fine. Any problems running this filter? It fit the air box rim fine, but was just not as large at the stocker overall.

• Mutu

Posted June 10, 2007 - 02:14 AM

It is fine mate, I run twin air filters. The stock filter is huge.
Just oil it correctly mate and you will be fine.

I have found that the ready race filters are the same size as the twin air ones too. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tony1970

Posted June 10, 2007 - 06:23 PM

Twin Airs are junk. How do you think they get the flow increases they claim? By using less foam. Ran a TA on my '05 and have never seen so much silt go through a filter. Buy a Uni fliter and see how much better they are made. Also Uni's are a true dual element filter. And yes I do oil my filters properly.

• Mutu

Posted June 11, 2007 - 01:53 AM

Twin Airs are junk. How do you think they get the flow increases they claim? By using less foam. Ran a TA on my '05 and have never seen so much silt go through a filter. Buy a Uni fliter and see how much better they are made. Also Uni's are a true dual element filter. And yes I do oil my filters properly.

So you don't like them and now they are junk? :)
Try using a filterskin if you ride in really fine dust, even with the Uni. :thumbsup:

• eissinger4

Posted June 11, 2007 - 02:37 AM

Uni all the way, NO comparison. They are about the same price, but the Uni's are much better built. All you need to do is look at the two side by side....You'll never buy Twin-Air again.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.