Fork Refurb.???

2 replies to this topic

Posted June 08, 2007 - 11:59 PM

Hi Everyone,

I have a couple of questions that I hope you can answer.

After 20 years of BMXing I've finally bought a bike with an engine!!! so excuse me if I sound a bit dumb, I aint used to having a bike with suspension.

I've just bought a 95 XR650L and I intend to try a little dirt riding but first she needs a complete overhaul. The previous owner thought it would be a good idea to hand paint the whole bike matt black and she looks terrible !!!

I'm gonna be rebuilding the front forks first and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on which fork oil to use?.

Also, would you recommend uprating the front springs?

Oh one last thing, what psi should I run in the forks? I've removed the cap and pushed the valve and there isn't any pressure in there at the moment.

Any help would be much appreciated

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sephy

Posted June 09, 2007 - 03:50 AM

bum bada dummm! That'll tell you what fork oil to use and what spring rates as well. Since the forks can only handle up to 5 psi I'm a big fan of no air at all if you can do it.

Posted June 10, 2007 - 12:16 PM

Thanks for the info.
I think I will try leaving the fork pressure alone and see how I get on

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.