License, inspection, registration, etc...L

1 reply to this topic
  • jaredc28

Posted June 08, 2007 - 07:53 PM

I love the ...

Anyway, I had a mishap when I bought the bike. I went to license and register my 93' L last fall and the DMV did so without asking for an inspection ticket (don't know why, I assume they just forgot to ask).

I am concerned that when I go to re-register it I will have issues because it has been de-smogged. Has anyone ever not passed an inspection because of de-smogging? Also, does Dave's mods affect inspection?

P.S. I am in Utah.

:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cleonard

Posted June 08, 2007 - 08:12 PM

I don't think that you have much to worry about. As far as I know only the counties in Arizona that contain Phoenix and Tuscon are doing any kind of smog check on bikes. It is a very loose test compared to standard cars are held to. I would imagine that several de-smogged 650L's have passed the test there or we would have heard of it by now in this forum.

Here in the peoples republic of California, the only thing that the DMV looks for is the emissions sticker. If it says "on road emissions" then you can get a street plate. A few years ago I got a street bike that had sat in a garage for years. When I registered it, the DMV employee checked the wrong box on the reg form. I got a letter a few weeks later telling me that I had to turn in my plate and get a green sticker. All I had to do was bring the bike back and show them the emissions sticker.

If they ever get around to smog checks on bikes that are like smog checks on cars, then you might have a problem with no smog equipment.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.