05 CRF450R to YZ450F?

3 replies to this topic
  • malinaric473

Posted June 08, 2007 - 04:48 PM

Looking for some opinions.... I am considering an 07 YZ450 as a replacement for my 05CRF450R. I ride about 50/50 moto/woods. I love the CRF on the track and "tolerate" it in the woods. Had anyone made the same move? In particular, I would love to hear how the YZ is in the woods. Only thinking of an 07, so anyone who has made a similar move, I would appreciate your comments.

• Captaincautious7

Posted June 08, 2007 - 05:57 PM

I traded my 05 in about 7 months ago and have been very satisfied with my yz. It does have different characteristics which have been discussed in the past. Suspension is a definite upgrade from my honda, with a much plusher feel. Steering is equal to or better. Balance, especially in the air is a noticeable improvement. Bike gives you confidence. Overall engine power characteristics are more refined with a much smoother feeling engine on the yz. Most dramatic difference is a little less initial hit off very bottom compared to the honda which has its pluses and minuses although once you get accustom to the difference it is fine. If you were like me, you would agree the honda is no sloutch, but I can honestly say that the yamaha is a fine machine which I believe is superior to what you have now.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • malinaric473

Posted June 13, 2007 - 03:05 AM

Thank you for the feedback!

• never59

Posted June 13, 2007 - 09:31 AM

2 year in technology plays a huge difference..especially since companies are spending millions into new technology and 4 strokes are fairly new machines. Yeah i know yz had a 400 in the 90's but it's still a fairly new concept

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.