Anybody using Pasrtana FMX bend bars?

6 replies to this topic
  • Wiz636

Posted June 08, 2007 - 12:03 PM

The Pro Taper Pastrana FMX bend bars have a 121mm rise which I believe makes them almost 1 1/2" taller than the '06 stockers. That would solve my problem of trying to find bar risers that are more than 10 - 15 mm.

Anybody tried these bars? Does anybody know for sure what the stock Pro Taper rise is?

• grayracer513

Posted June 08, 2007 - 12:32 PM

I believe the OEM rise on the '06 is something like 69mm. They are certainly lower that the Pro Taper "YZ High" (which is the same as the Tag "YZ"), and that's 77 as I recall. The Windhams are 92, I believe, and feel much better than stock.

• xrmarty

Posted June 08, 2007 - 12:45 PM

I have them and they are much taller than stockers. If you wanna go even higher, you might wanna try Raptor bend, another 3/4 inch taller than Pastrana FMX

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dp2boy

Posted June 08, 2007 - 12:57 PM

I bought the KX High ProTapers because I was told at the time that they were the highest of any ProTaper bars. I'm unsure of the height but I like them.

• Wiz636

Posted June 08, 2007 - 12:58 PM

Thanks for the info Gray!

xrmarty: I thought about the Raptor bend, those are TALL (which is good for me)...have you tried them?

• xrmarty

Posted June 08, 2007 - 03:08 PM

xrmarty: I thought about the Raptor bend, those are TALL (which is good for me)...have you tried them?

No, I have not. However, my brother is also using Pastranas FMX with a Scott's Stabilizer submount (which adds to the total hight about 3/4" I believe). I love that combination. I'm holding off on buying the Raptor bend, as I still havn't decided how I will mount my stabilizer. A submount + Raptor may cause cables and/or brake line to be too short:eek:

• bigjohn450

Posted June 09, 2007 - 08:54 AM

i have the pastrana fmx bend and i love them im kind of tall 6'4" i would like a little taller bar or riser but for now i like them alot.

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.