2006 yz450f: What mods to get?

24 replies to this topic
  • Justin89

Posted June 08, 2007 - 12:02 PM

Hey guys, I just need some suggestions on some mods that you think I should do to my bike. It has a lot of them already, but I was just wondering if you guys had any ideas or something different. Please let me know. Here is a list of just some of the main mods that I already have:

-RG3 Upper and Lower tripple clamps
-Enzo suspension/revalve
-FMf Factory 4.1 w/ Powerbomb header
-Renthal Twinwall Bars
-Elite clutch perch
-Anodized stuff (engine plug kit, reservoir caps, rotating perches, exc)
-Renthal chain and sprocket (50 tooth)

Posted Image

• GYTRthumper623

Posted June 08, 2007 - 12:09 PM

leave it as is! it is already an amazing bike!

• Ga450owner

Posted June 08, 2007 - 12:30 PM

Nah...only thing else you need is the Zipty Carb mod...then it will really rip:thumbsup:

• Ranger18

Posted June 08, 2007 - 01:08 PM

Zip ty Mod
Hour Meter
Wave rotors and or stainless braided brake lines
ASV's
Boyessen water pump

• Justin89

Posted June 08, 2007 - 01:15 PM

Zip ty Mod
Hour Meter
Wave rotors and or stainless braided brake lines
ASV's
Boyessen water pump

I have the Zip Tye mod. I was thinking about the hour meter and definately the Wave rotors. I'm trying to decide if I should get both front and back or just front. I'm not sure about the water pump. Do you think that it is worth getting?

• Wiz636

Posted June 08, 2007 - 01:25 PM

Radiator braces, different color rims.

• Justin89

Posted June 08, 2007 - 01:55 PM

[I'm not sure about the water pump. Do you think that it is worth getting?[/QUOTE]

I also heard that when you upgrade the water pump and impeller, you could lose some power because it takes more power to run the pump. Not sure if it is true or not, I'm just saying what I heard. I'm still not really woried about that because the bike prolly has too much power for me anyways.

• grayracer513

Posted June 08, 2007 - 02:00 PM

I'm not sure about the water pump. Do you think that it is worth getting?

No :thumbsup:

• Justin89

Posted June 08, 2007 - 02:42 PM

No :thumbsup:

How come?

• grayracer513

Posted June 08, 2007 - 03:25 PM

Because the bike has no need of an improved water pump that I'm aware of. Therefore, it's money unnecessarily spent to accomplish nothing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Justin89

Posted June 08, 2007 - 04:02 PM

Okay, gotcha, Thanks!

• twenty34

Posted June 08, 2007 - 06:32 PM

Hey guys, I just need some suggestions on some mods that you think I should do to my bike. It has a lot of them already, but I was just wondering if you guys had any ideas or something different. Please let me know. Here is a list of just some of the main mods that I already have:

-RG3 Upper and Lower tripple clamps
-Enzo suspension/revalve
-FMf Factory 4.1 w/ Powerbomb header
-Renthal Twinwall Bars
-Elite clutch perch
-Anodized stuff (engine plug kit, reservoir caps, rotating perches, exc)
-Renthal chain and sprocket (50 tooth)

How do you like the RG3's? What offset are you using?

• Justin89

Posted June 08, 2007 - 07:34 PM

They are the 22mm off set. I like them...you can definately noticed the difference between a 2006 yzf with them and one without them. Just kinda pricey though.

• twenty34

Posted June 08, 2007 - 07:46 PM

They are the 22mm off set. I like them...you can definately noticed the difference between a 2006 yzf with them and one without them. Just kinda pricey though.

Cool...So the bike turns much better now?

I've been on the fence for either the RG3's or Applied. What I'm perplexed by is that Applied triple clamps come in 24mm offset for the 06, but the RG's are like 22mm offsets. I've heard positive feedback from user's of the Applied, basically stating that the 1mm difference from stock (25mm) does in fact make a difference.

What I didn't want to do with the RG3's is go "too" far by changing the bike dimensions over stock, so when I see 22mm, that's a full 3mm difference. :thumbsup:

• Justin89

Posted June 08, 2007 - 08:10 PM

Cool...So the bike turns much better now?

I've been on the fence for either the RG3's or Applied. What I'm perplexed by is that Applied triple clamps come in 24mm offset for the 06, but the RG's are like 22mm offsets. I've heard positive feedback from user's of the Applied, basically stating that the 1mm difference from stock (25mm) does in fact make a difference.What I didn't want to do with the RG3's is go "too" far by changing the bike dimensions over stock, so when I see 22mm, that's a full 3mm difference. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I undertsand. The bike turns a lot better now with the clamps. My buddies in the same position as you are (Applied vs RG3) He is afraid of sacrificing his straight away stability for better turning ability. I believe that the applied are cheaper than the RG3 also. It's kind of a gamble...1mm could be too less, and 3 mm can be too much. I can notice a big difference though with an 2006 with clamps and one without clamps.

• twenty34

Posted June 08, 2007 - 08:21 PM

Yeah, I undertsand. The bike turns a lot better now with the clamps. My buddies in the same position as you are (Applied vs RG3) He is afraid of sacrificing his straight away stability for better turning ability. I believe that the applied are cheaper than the RG3 also. It's kind of a gamble...1mm could be too less, and 3 mm can be too much. I can notice a big difference though with an 2006 with clamps and one without clamps.

Yea, you hit the nail on the head about concerns related to high speed stability vs improved turning. That's a big dilema I'm restling with as well as the price differential of the RG3's compared to the Applied.

Thanks...

p.s. your avatar is scary!:thumbsup:

• Justin89

Posted June 08, 2007 - 08:26 PM

Yea, you hit the nail on the head about concerns related to high speed stability vs improved turning. That's a big dilema I'm restling with as well as the price differential of the RG3's compared to the Applied.

Thanks...

p.s. your avatar is scary!:thumbsup:

lol...thanks. It's the band Disturbed's logo. Had to use something that nobody else had. (I think)

• CaptainKnobby

Posted June 08, 2007 - 08:46 PM

You only need to do one more thing and it wont cost you no more than $3.00.........>>>The 1/4 turn throttle mod..... after this mod I doubt you will be able to hold on to it.

• skypig

Posted June 09, 2007 - 02:54 AM

Do you have any details on the Enzo Mods, a re-valve? Springs? Or modded internals?

Do you like the results?

skypig

• rtgincnm

Posted June 10, 2007 - 07:51 PM

Because the bike has no need of an improved water pump that I'm aware of. Therefore, it's money unnecessarily spent to accomplish nothing.

I think they call that BLING. But I do like the cool looking anodized plugs on the engine cover.

Maybe a real bike stand. That badazz bike needs something more than a milk crate. You can send me your milk crate, little easier to move than my tree stump.:thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.