E-start & High Comp Piston?

4 replies to this topic
  • jnybbad1l40

Posted June 08, 2007 - 11:29 AM

Anyone with a 13:1 piston have any issues turning the motor over with the e-start? Is the decompression system up to the task with the higher compression?

• jnybbad1l40

Posted June 09, 2007 - 03:10 PM

Anyone???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mutu

Posted June 10, 2007 - 02:09 AM

Yep... ME!!!!

I got a JE high comp piston in my '05, it is 12.7:1 in the WR.
The '05 WR is 12.3:1 stock and '05 YZ 12.5:1 stock.

I have to first say that I got hotcams as well that I installed at the same time, and the e-start is not strong enough to turn the motor over quick enough to start it. It turns over really slow. :ride:

I don't know if it is the cams, but the decomp pin is the same length as stock, so I think it is the piston.

For the gains of the extra .5 CR, I would just stick to stock piston and keep the e-start. :thumbsup:

Mine kickstarts easily every time though.......

Thinking about changing pistons? I did mine at about 5,000kms (3100 miles) and the stock piston and rings were in really good shape. :)

• jnybbad1l40

Posted June 12, 2007 - 09:24 AM

Thanks for the info!!

• Mutu

Posted June 14, 2007 - 12:20 AM

Had a chat to hotcams and they say the decomp actuator pin needs to be a bit longer for the wr when using a high comp piston.

Seems like it is the cams that is the problem and not the piston. :thumbsup:

When I get my issue resolved (not in the near future...) I will let you know how I get on. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.