Street Tires Re:

2 replies to this topic
  • hill5150

Posted June 08, 2007 - 08:40 AM

Will these fit properly on the stock rims? Do we use tubes w/ these?Thanks.....Kenda 657

http://www.motorcycl...=647&division=6

http://www.motorcycl...=647&division=6

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • LeadDoggy

Posted June 08, 2007 - 09:16 AM

Yes, thet will fit on stock rims. On the front you have no choice in size, got to go with the 21". As for the rear, you should be able to fit the 130/90X18.
Yes, tubes are needed for spoked rims.

Good find on the tires, may have to order some of my XR600R

• cleonard

Posted June 08, 2007 - 12:05 PM

I have some of the Kenda K657's on a old spoked street bike. They work OK. The good side is that these are about the least expensive tires around. They do not grip nearly as well as some of the Avon offerings.

You can also get Dunlop D404's in 21 and 18 inch sizes. They grip somewhat better, but are more expensive. I have a slightly used D404 in 120/90-18 that has about 90% of it's tread left. I have no use for this tire.

I would not go for a tire as wide as a 130 on your stock rim. I would go with a 110 or at most 120. With wider tires the tire gets pinched a lot and the contact patch actually goes down. It also wears faster as less of the tire is on the road.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.