white bros e-series exhaust

7 replies to this topic
  • RShaips

Posted June 08, 2007 - 08:25 AM

i have a white bros e-series exhaust on my 400. the pipe is bad ass but it blows the exhaust out the sides and i want it out the back. it had a plate over the back so it would blow out the sides. can i just take the plate out or will it make my bike run like shit? Thanks

• byggd

Posted June 08, 2007 - 01:53 PM

That’s what is known as a tunable muffler. The plate on the end makes it USFS approved and you can add and remove discs to tune it to your bike and type of riding you do. More discs more top end but less low end, less discs better low end less top end. If you take a end plate out I will be loud as hell!

• mcflzwr450f

Posted June 09, 2007 - 08:30 AM

I have a 450 with a e-series on it without any baffles, its not that loud I ride with louder bikes at the local parks without any problem and it runs great.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• byggd

Posted June 09, 2007 - 10:20 AM

I could be mistaken but I think he has a different style e-series. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bshaips

Posted June 09, 2007 - 10:55 AM

yes i have a different pipe and i was messin around with it today and with the end baffle out it is very very loud so i just left in alone since it gave me better throtle responce with the baffle. Thanks

• byggd

Posted June 09, 2007 - 01:37 PM

How many plates are you running? I had one on my 426 and changed between 4 & 6 depending on where I was going to ride.

• Bshaips

Posted June 10, 2007 - 12:50 PM

i think i have around 5 plates on now but i have about 15-20 extra

• mcflzwr450f

Posted June 10, 2007 - 01:00 PM

What are plates?? Should I be using them??
Thanks, Marty.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.