07 wr450 airfilter

7 replies to this topic
  • kenny1234

Posted June 08, 2007 - 03:06 AM

hi guys,

what are you running for aftermarket filters?????? do they make big difference over standard??? seen lots of claims 3hp gain etc etc but this seems quite a lot to me.

any help would be grately appreciated
thanks
kenny:thumbsup:

• fdubaaron

Posted June 08, 2007 - 07:55 AM

I'm a fan of the No-Toil system myself.

• JaysDirtyRide

Posted June 08, 2007 - 03:07 PM

I have a TwinAir filter on the stock cage. I like the TwinAir because I think it's easier to clean, a little smaller than the stock filter so it creates more room in the airbox, and it probably flows a little better.

I'll probably go ahead and get the Twinair cage to replace the stock cage which is pretty restrictive comparatively.

-Jay

• mcflzwr450f

Posted June 08, 2007 - 08:16 PM

I have a 07WR450, & I use the Twin Air Cage set-up.
Works real good...pic

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JaysDirtyRide

Posted June 10, 2007 - 08:26 AM

I have a 07WR450, & I use the Twin Air Cage set-up.
Works real good...pic

Posted Image

Hi mcflzwr450f.

Do you use the stock replacement filter from Twinair with their cage or is there another filter you use?

Thanks!

-Jay

• mcflzwr450f

Posted June 10, 2007 - 12:56 PM

Hi mcflzwr450f.

Do you use the stock replacement filter from Twinair with their cage or is there another filter you use?

Thanks!

-Jay

Hi Jay,
Yes, it is a set just like in the pic, I paid around a $100 for it & the cage is billet (pricey but very nice). I was told to use ONLY the twin air filter due to 4-strokes back firing and catching the air cleaner on fire!!! I was told the inner part of the twin air filter is fire retardant? I hope soo, my twin air filter is the same size as stock.
Marty. :thumbsup:

• JaysDirtyRide

Posted June 11, 2007 - 05:28 AM

Hi Jay,
Yes, it is a set just like in the pic, I paid around a $100 for it & the cage is billet (pricey but very nice). I was told to use ONLY the twin air filter due to 4-strokes back firing and catching the air cleaner on fire!!! I was told the inner part of the twin air filter is fire retardant? I hope soo, my twin air filter is the same size as stock.
Marty. :thumbsup:

I asked because I believe there is a different airfilter...the Powerflow Filter...for use with the kit (has a special fire resistant inner lining)and then there is the Twinair Standard for use with the stock backfire screen.

The kits looks trick.

Thanks!

-Jay

• TheBlackSheep

Posted June 11, 2007 - 12:58 PM

I'm a fan of the No-Toil system myself.

I dont know about the No-Toil system. Dont get me wrong, I only use No-Toils's cleaner and oil and they rock! But the filter seems too cheap to me. If I am going on a trip I will bring a filter for each day. I start out with the factory one, then I use the UNI one I bought, then lastly I'll use the No-Toil. I never feel comfortable when using it though, something about a $10 filter on my $7000 bike scares me.................................. bahhh :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.