xr650 carb mikuni or edelbrock

3 replies to this topic
  • xreem

Posted June 08, 2007 - 03:03 AM

I´m a new xr650r owner and i am interessted to hear from people who have edelbrock or mikuni carb on their bikes, espesially regarding gas milage.

• Old_Man_Time

Posted June 08, 2007 - 08:08 AM

I have an Edelbrock and ride offroad only. On tight trails I get 22 to 25 mpg. On fire roads I get about 30 to 32 mpg (we have a system of fire/logging roads that do not require plates to be legal)

I have read in many threads that the Mukuni is very difficult to dial in but once it is dialed, it out performs the Edelbrock in all areas. I would assume that they get slightly better fuel mileage also.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Billahjack

Posted June 08, 2007 - 09:20 AM

Mikuni has less top end than stock carb according to discussion with mechanic at XRsOnly. I confirmed that when I bought one and returned it.

• hill5150

Posted June 08, 2007 - 09:46 AM

I have the Eddie and it kicks azz. the snap is great and it's adjustable........

Related Content

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  47 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  40 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.