WR 450 05 Model

3 replies to this topic
  • andymanmoel

Posted June 08, 2007 - 12:54 AM

Went out for a trail ride yesterday for the first time in 3 months and was impressed with how well the WR was running! I have done most of the free mods but was wondering if the grey wire mod worrks on the 450 also?
Secondly we did a river crossing and I was told when I bought the bike that the breather mods where already done on the 05 model, but ont of the boys said the carb breathers also needed to be done. Sure enough after we crossed I noticed that when I rolled the power on slowly the bike would miss fire for a split second then run fine. This was most noticeable when pulling away. The bike usually cut out.
Any advice would be appreciated

• Mutu

Posted June 08, 2007 - 06:09 AM

if you are going to be doing water crossings regularly, I would route the carby breather hoses back to the airbox.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • andymanmoel

Posted June 08, 2007 - 09:57 AM

Thanks for the reply,
I have been looking at the carb today, would I need to re route all 4 of them or just one from each side as they seem to be from the same point of the carb?

• Mutu

Posted June 08, 2007 - 10:20 PM

I think just routing 1 from each side (the top tube) is the norm.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.