quiet exhaust to tame down 450?

4 replies to this topic
  • mn519

Posted June 07, 2007 - 05:20 PM

Hey guys, I am new to the 450 club and I am thinking I may try to tame it down for about a month or so until I get used to it. I race mx and dont want to make it a slug, just make the transition from a 290f easier- know what I mean?

I was thinking of maybe getting a quiet pipe to tame it down. Which brand(s) do you reccommend to do this, or is there a better way?

• Mike546

Posted June 08, 2007 - 02:18 AM

If you want to tame it down and quiet it down at the same time just put a DB Dawg in it. You will lose some low end and eliminate any hit the bike ever had. Or you could just turn the throttle a little less.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MaxPower

Posted June 08, 2007 - 02:42 AM

[COLOR="Green"]do you really feel the db dawg took the hit away that much on your bike?[/COLOR]

• MaxPower

Posted June 08, 2007 - 03:58 AM

[COLOR="Green"]I bet you would like one of those throttle cam set ups.Or a flywheel just a little heavier than stock. I put a DB dawg on my WR with a YZ silencer. Im really happy with the power that my bikes puts out.[/COLOR]

• mn519

Posted June 10, 2007 - 08:04 PM

Ok guys, I feel like a spode for starting this thread. I guess my first impression was off. I manned up and decided to race it today, what better way to learn huh? Yeah I rode bad my first moto, but by my second I was on my game and learned how to ride it fast, and it was not intimidating anymore. My last 2 motos I got huge holeshots.

After racing it I do not want to tame it down not even a bit, in fact I am sure a pipe will be in store for it before summer is up.

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.