04 YZ450F, stock clicker settings and gearing?

4 replies to this topic
  • 2wheels-drz

Posted June 07, 2007 - 01:08 PM

i recently hit an mx track and some trails on my yamie in supermoto form, even thou it was very hard work, having no traction, terriable gearing(15-42) and where wearing a set of leathers, which are very heavy and restrictive for mx, we got on very well and surprised eveyone including our selfs.(some guys where taking bets on where they would have to drag us back from, we showed them:p )

Being out riding on dirt again has made me realise how much i miss it, so i wanna get my bike in mx trim and do some novice races. one problem i bought this bike in supermoto trim. i have all the stuff to put it back to mx trim, but as above i do not know the stock clickers settings, gearing and number of link in an mx chain? so if anyone could help out?

many thanks.

• grayracer513

Posted June 07, 2007 - 03:21 PM

All of that is in the manual. Got one?

Top of my head, the stock gearing was 14/48.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 2wheels-drz

Posted June 07, 2007 - 03:34 PM

nope, never needed one, but am pretty sure a buddy has one. i'll give him a call. Cheers

• grayracer513

Posted June 07, 2007 - 04:16 PM

You know you can download your own, right?

http://www.yamahaown...ook.com.au/?r=0

The chain info will be in the specs section (chapter 2), and I believe the clicker base settings are in the tuning section in the back.

• TX-SANDMAN

Posted June 08, 2007 - 05:03 PM

Standard settings from manual:

Forks- rebound 10 out / comp 13 out

Shock - rebound 12 out / comp 12 out ... high speed 1 turn out

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.