Bar Risers!

5 replies to this topic
  • Thumpmeister

Posted June 07, 2007 - 12:46 PM

Like I said in that other thread, I got tired of not finding mounts that would work, or were too small, or too expensive. So, I put my machining skills to work, and built myself a couple of mounts. I already had the protaper mounts, and stacked them on top of that. So, I probably have over a 2" rise, and .75" forward. Heres some pics...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• ogrider650

Posted June 07, 2007 - 02:02 PM

looks good but i was wondering about the bolts you used becasue it seems to me that all the weight and stress of the bars are going to be handled by only the bolts that attach to the stock clamps?

• Alex 400

Posted June 07, 2007 - 03:33 PM

Mine are similar except they have a piece that goes in and fills up the hole where the old bars used to be.

Posted Image

mine also move foward more. Instead of putting the bolt under the bar, my first bolt that goes in the hole closest to the rider is back and the bolt hole that is on the first clamp on the top location goes all the way through to the stock triple

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • goblin127

Posted June 07, 2007 - 07:56 PM

Mine are similar except they have a piece that goes in and fills up the hole where the old bars used to be.

Posted Image

mine also move foward more. Instead of putting the bolt under the bar, my first bolt that goes in the hole closest to the rider is back and the bolt hole that is on the first clamp on the top location goes all the way through to the stock triple

Mine to, they fill up the holes and I think it would make them more ridgid. Nice job though.

• Alex 400

Posted June 07, 2007 - 10:28 PM

Mine to, they fill up the holes and I think it would make them more ridgid. Nice job though.

Yeah i really like them, bought 'em through thumper racing, they don't show it in the catolog but if you contact them and tell them what you want they can get you them. my dad and i both have them

• Thumpmeister

Posted June 07, 2007 - 10:58 PM

Well, I went for a ride today...

It took a little getting used to, but its SOO much more comfortable! I feel like I don't have to be bending over the bike all the time now. And they seem pretty rigid to me so far. I haven't had any reason to think that they aren't rigid.

As far as handling is concerned, I feel like I'm soo much smoother with the mounts, because I'm in more of an upright and aggressive position, instead of being all bent over.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.