Repair or Replace?

9 replies to this topic
  • WReckless

Posted June 07, 2007 - 08:50 AM

I went on a woods ride with some big rocks and hills and found my radiators
dry and a large green puddle under my bike last weekend. I had bought radiator guards and braces, but the braces showed up after the ride. I have been chasing leaks on the same radiator for about a year. every time i send them out for pressure test and repair the company i use cant find a leak. but all the hoses and clamps are intact and hold pressure. does anyone know a good replacement radiator company (aftermarket) with decent prices. its a 1999 yamaha wr400 and the factory radiators are just too much money! i'll have to miss most of the summer season to save up enough extra dough to
replace at 600.00. any help would be great. i'm in the car business and called all of our radiator companies and none of the big names make replacments for dirt bikes. the shops are charging 80.00 to test and or repair the set of radiators,and i would rather use that 80.00 for a replacement set. i fall ALOT,so i am worried about putting 80.00 a pop into the radiators when i could just replace and armor up the new ones. any input would be great.:) :thumbsup:
WReckless

• idahoaggie99

Posted June 07, 2007 - 08:57 AM

Myler's Radiator Repair in Utah!

I smashed mine up pretty bad. 14 leaks, plus bending and welding to get it back in place. The whole deal was $95. They are extremely quick, do a great job, and it typically costs much less than what I paid.

• WReckless

Posted June 07, 2007 - 09:38 AM

Myler's Radiator Repair in Utah!

I smashed mine up pretty bad. 14 leaks, plus bending and welding to get it back in place. The whole deal was $95. They are extremely quick, do a great job, and it typically costs much less than what I paid.

thanks do you have a web site or email address?

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted June 07, 2007 - 11:31 AM

Try www.Mmylersrad.msn.com
Jim

• WReckless

Posted June 07, 2007 - 11:47 AM

ill check it out thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bg10459

Posted June 07, 2007 - 11:57 AM

http://www.motorcycleradiators.com/

• WReckless

Posted June 07, 2007 - 02:56 PM

thanks i googled them right before i saw your post.
i'll pull the rads tonight and get ready to send them out
tanks again for all the help

ill gat ya some gas

• Thumper_Bloke

Posted June 07, 2007 - 07:19 PM

I have sent my motorcycle and atv radiators to Fontana Radiator, here in southern California.

Fontana Radiator Service Inc
17635 Arrow Blvd, Fontana, CA 92335-4008
Phone: (909) 822-8737

Great prices and my rad's look brand new.

And now, I try really hard not to crash on the rads, so now the rest of the bike is bent. haha

• KTMRIDE

Posted June 08, 2007 - 03:51 PM

Why spend the 600 bucks on A radiator, when you are just going to munch them again. You can spend 60 bucks at TO radiator on los feliz by mikes autobody. They have repaired a couple of mine, and never had a problem. They even paint them a purty silver color. As a matter of fact I think the left radiator on your bike was repaired by them. Its lasted 4 years, probobly just a hairline crack. Get it welded back up and save the money for riding trips!!!
The flying PUMPKIN
Out YO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• WReckless

Posted June 09, 2007 - 01:26 PM

Why spend the 600 bucks on A radiator, when you are just going to munch them again. You can spend 60 bucks at TO radiator on los feliz by mikes autobody. They have repaired a couple of mine, and never had a problem. They even paint them a purty silver color. As a matter of fact I think the left radiator on your bike was repaired by them. Its lasted 4 years, probobly just a hairline crack. Get it welded back up and save the money for riding trips!!!
The flying PUMPKIN
Out YO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS DUDE
what are ya doing sunday?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.