XR650r Wheel Whos

8 replies to this topic
  • YoungGun650R

Posted June 06, 2007 - 06:50 PM

I've got dinged up rims and a trashed hub so I got to thinking I would like to get some make of black rims and some anodized hubs. The only problem is that all the bike shops in my area dont have any wheel or hub listings for an xr650r.(all for xr 250s and 400s). I have found some black rims that bolt up to stock hubs and use oem spokes which is fine but I badly want some anodized hubs with the black rims. I have seen 650rs with the setup I want on Dust to Glory but not a clue as to where they get them. Price really isnt to big of a deal so any input would be great. :thumbsup:

• porterdog

Posted June 06, 2007 - 07:02 PM

Any of the big motard suppliers can probably do it; ThumperTalk, Motostrano, Woody's Wheel Works, Pro Wheels (I think that's their name....)

• drop

Posted June 07, 2007 - 03:48 AM

Stay away from East Coast Wheels. I'll post my horror story later.

• BWB63

Posted June 07, 2007 - 05:52 AM

http://www.radmfg.com/wheelkits.htm

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wickedsprint

Posted June 07, 2007 - 06:49 AM

I got mine from woodys whel works in denver, they do great work.

• Supplicate

Posted June 07, 2007 - 06:51 AM

I suggest either Rad MFG (the site BWB63 posted) or White Bros. White Bros sells already laced and trued Excel/Talon combo's. Don't know about custom anodizing on the Talon hubs, you can always call and ask.

• YoungGun650R

Posted June 07, 2007 - 07:01 PM

I got onto the Rad Mfg. site and they have exactly what I was looking for bwb63. I think I will probably order pretty soon and then post some pics of it. Thanks for the help guys!!:thumbsup:

• Potts228

Posted June 07, 2007 - 08:23 PM

I've got dinged up rims and a trashed hub so I got to thinking I would like to get some make of black rims and some anodized hubs. The only problem is that all the bike shops in my area dont have any wheel or hub listings for an xr650r.(all for xr 250s and 400s). I have found some black rims that bolt up to stock hubs and use oem spokes which is fine but I badly want some anodized hubs with the black rims. I have seen 650rs with the setup I want on Dust to Glory but not a clue as to where they get them. Price really isnt to big of a deal so any input would be great. :thumbsup:

Yeah... this has been my biggest complaint owning the XR650R. I think it is the weight but it seems like all I do is lace up wheel after wheel! I have never had any hub problems so I'm surprised to hear this. I know that the Excel hubs are awesome and averyone I know who has them loves them. Rims are the same... I only use Excel. I go through Excel rims all the time but the stockers were much worse! For spokes I use Buchanans but have used Excel spokes on my YZ250 and have been very pleased.

There is a lot of stuff coming now from China... BE CAREFULL!!!! I wouldn't touch any metal product made in China at this point in time!

• BWB63

Posted June 08, 2007 - 06:39 AM

I have had two sets of RAD setups for the XR650R. I wish I would have gone 36 spokes on the rear. I did go 2.5" wide for the rear wheel on the second set and it make it better for the IRC M5B 140/80 I like to use. I have used both the Eagal and the Excel rims. The Excel logo makes all the difference!!!:) :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.