Help! Head pipe for 2006 yz450f

6 replies to this topic
  • calansalot

Posted June 06, 2007 - 06:57 AM

So i dropped my bike getting it out of my truck the other day in the rain and put a bad dent in the head pipe, Now it runs like a turd. I was wondering if anyone has put exhaust on there bike and has a stock head pipe sitting around for a 2006 or 2007 yz450f. and would like to sell it for cheap. let me know. THANKS

• Pozi

Posted June 06, 2007 - 07:07 AM

Might try the fill with water and put in the freezer trick if it isn't too bad. Do a search for the topic.

• grayracer513

Posted June 06, 2007 - 10:49 AM

Yep, fill the bent section with as much water as you can get to stay in there, leave the ends open, and stand it up in the freezer. It may take more than one pass to get it all, but the expanding water will push the dent out.

Titanium can be a little brittle when it's that cold. Don't be too rough on it 'til it warms up. Thaw out the ice in a bucket of warm (not hot) water if you need to hurry it up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • calansalot

Posted June 06, 2007 - 12:43 PM

sweet i will have to try that out might wait till after the race this weekend just incase something does not go right

• 2012 450 xc-w

Posted June 06, 2007 - 06:12 PM

Do it! Overnight in the freezer will fix it.

• tnl

Posted June 06, 2007 - 07:22 PM

What about an uneven crease not a uniform dent?

• grayracer513

Posted June 06, 2007 - 09:19 PM

The ice will push out on any sort of depression until the pipe has resumed a cylindrical shape.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.