Before I cook my new bike engine...so advice please

3 replies to this topic
  • RJB

Posted June 06, 2007 - 05:30 AM

So, done around 120kms on my 07 WR450. Have no idea what needles, jets etc are installed as default, but have removed the peashooter and the airbox snorkel. Temperature here is generally hot and humid all year round. What is the general consensus on factory jetting? Should I richen things up with the basic mods I have done? Exhaust endcap is pretty much without any carbon deposit.

• RJB

Posted June 06, 2007 - 06:04 AM

[COLOR="Green"]as long as you mix 20:1 you will not have a problem[/COLOR]

eh?? Its not a 2 stroke. Try trolling another site

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fdubaaron

Posted June 06, 2007 - 06:19 AM

I have only removed the peashooter, airbox snorkel, AIS and cut the throttle stop. I know that the stock pilot jet is a 45 and is too small even without any mods. The AIS removal kit comes with a 48 pilot and that seems to have helped a lot on the bottom. The kit also comes with a new needle and leak jet but I can't remember what sizes nor what was stock.

• King_Air

Posted June 06, 2007 - 07:41 AM

[COLOR="Green"]as long as you mix 20:1 you will not have a problem[/COLOR]

Nice answer I gave you negative reputation on this one. Get a life dude.:thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.