which exhaust out of these.

24 replies to this topic
  • Slinkyman16

Posted June 05, 2007 - 03:14 PM

hey guys. getting a new exhaust this month.. just wanting everyones opinions on these.

Dr. d
White bros aluminum pro
big gun evo r
Yoshi

i was also considering a mrd or rocket exhaust they seem to be well built for the money. I just want something that will wake the bottom end up a little bit, im also planning on sending my carb to zipty after all is said and done. and moving to a 50-51 rear as well.

thanks

• bigjohn450

Posted June 05, 2007 - 04:41 PM

i have always had good luck with yoshimura i ran the comp series on my '04 and it ripped, i now have the rs2 pro ti on my '06 and i also like it. in my opinion you cant go wrong with a yosh.

• Ranger18

Posted June 06, 2007 - 06:20 AM

hey guys. getting a new exhaust this month.. just wanting everyones opinions on these.

Dr. d
White bros aluminum pro
big gun evo r
Yoshi

i was also considering a mrd or rocket exhaust they seem to be well built for the money. I just want something that will wake the bottom end up a little bit, im also planning on sending my carb to zipty after all is said and done. and moving to a 50-51 rear as well.

thanks

The MRD low/mid will wake your bottom end up, alot.
Very well built, with lifetime warranty.:thumbsup:

• Ga450owner

Posted June 06, 2007 - 06:53 AM

WB Alum Pro2 is the best:applause:

• buzzgrizz

Posted June 06, 2007 - 07:41 AM

dr. d

• Climber

Posted June 06, 2007 - 08:59 AM

Since noone ever talks about the Big Gun, I will give my impression of it.

I've got a Big gun Evo stainless, complete system on an 06 yz450f. I got it used for $100. I like it better than the stock system. It improves top end some, but mainly smoothes out the power, even more than it already was . It is loud, though. I like the look of it...smaller silencer than stock. I would NOT pay list price for it.

• Slinkyman16

Posted June 06, 2007 - 01:45 PM

okay guys thanks.. ive looked into them all and looks like im down to the wb2.. or dr.d. still havnt decided.
thanks

• trashboxes

Posted June 06, 2007 - 01:59 PM

The Yoshi will rape your wallet.

• rideawn

Posted June 06, 2007 - 02:34 PM

Rocket for value for price. Email sales@performance4dirt.com for a good hookup.

• steve_97060

Posted June 06, 2007 - 02:36 PM

I think bang for the buck, it has to be the MRD.. but I am leaning towards the DR D mainly because I want to get their Rad lowering kit also, and it only works with the Dr D header...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Slinkyman16

Posted June 06, 2007 - 03:04 PM

how does the Dr.D compare to the Wb2.

• davidl9999

Posted June 06, 2007 - 03:24 PM

Two Brothers V.A.L.E. SS or Ti. :thumbsup:

http://www.twobros.c...aha/indexMX.htm
http://www.twobros.c...a-YZF450_SO.pdf

Out of the two you're down to, I've heard good things about both. Prolly could flip a coin and be happy with either.

• bigjohn450

Posted June 07, 2007 - 12:50 PM

i think either way you cant go wrong id just go with whatever one is cheper save a few bucks and do your suspension!!!!

• 2wheels-drz

Posted June 07, 2007 - 01:14 PM

do none of you guys use leo vince? its what the factory yamaha teams use. i have one on my 04, and its works really well, give alots more top end and increases bhp by about 4bhp...

• grayracer513

Posted June 07, 2007 - 03:24 PM

its what the factory yamaha teams use.

Here they use White Bros., last I looked. There is no aftermarket exhaust that adds 4 hp to a YZ450 in any dyno test I've ever seen. The stock system is really pretty good.

• 2wheels-drz

Posted June 07, 2007 - 03:45 PM

Here they use White Bros., last I looked. There is no aftermarket exhaust that adds 4 hp to a YZ450 in any dyno test I've ever seen. The stock system is really pretty good.

hmm i'm pretty sure the yamaha ama supermoto team uses leo vince. the world mx yamaha team uses it too..... i thougth 4 hp was pretty much too, but with looking at the booklet(its in my hand now) which came with my exhaust shows a dyno chart of a stock motor with and with out the leo vince pipe, and it shows an improvement of 3.83hp so pretty close so more or less 4hp:thumbsup: ....but i would not put it past them to surgar coat it like the manufactures do with the weigth issue.

• grayracer513

Posted June 07, 2007 - 04:21 PM

What sometimes happens is that the base exhaust sytem is tested "As delivered", but the aftermarket systems being tested by the advertiser are jetted optimally, then tested.

FMF's web site shows better results than Dirt Bike Magazine gets in their tests when they use the FMF dyno facility. By that, I mean that the stockers don't show as big a number in FMF's tests as on Dirt Bike's tests using the same equipment in the same building.

The Yamaha AMA SM team is a different organization than the AMA SX/MX teams are.

• Joe_Jet

Posted June 09, 2007 - 07:29 AM

FMF or Dr D

• TMAC25

Posted June 10, 2007 - 01:16 AM

White brothers carbon pro!!

• Mutu

Posted June 10, 2007 - 01:50 AM

I would go WB Al2 over Dr D.
If it is good enough for the factory teams, it is good enough for me.

I got procircuit Ti GP lowboy system by the way, it is the most aggressive exhaust I have tried.
Tons of bottom due to long header.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.