Cycra ProBends with Triple Clamp Brackets- How To

46 replies to this topic
  • ADVnaut

Posted March 21, 2008 - 09:19 AM

Sweet, I like it.

• race32

Posted March 21, 2008 - 06:46 PM

[IMG]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/race32-photo/IMG_0834.jpg[/IMG]I just cut the tab off where it mounted stock and tapped a hole on the Cycra mount and reapplied the cable guide.

• JSV

Posted March 22, 2008 - 01:53 PM

I just ordered the Cycra Probend racer pack with the U clamp handlebar mount. I hope it's worth the money I spent.

• Sundog

Posted March 22, 2008 - 01:57 PM

I just ordered the Cycra Probend racer pack with the U clamp handlebar mount. I hope it's worth the money I spent.

LMK how you like the U-clamp. I may have to change over. Bent my triple clamp mount 4 weeks ago.

• JSV

Posted March 22, 2008 - 02:56 PM

LMK how you like the U-clamp. I may have to change over. Bent my triple clamp mount 4 weeks ago.

I was thinking of changing my order monday and going with the triple clamp mounts, now I'm thinking twice. Do you have any pictures of the damage done?

• Sundog

Posted March 22, 2008 - 03:18 PM

I was thinking of changing my order monday and going with the triple clamp mounts, now I'm thinking twice. Do you have any pictures of the damage done?

Give me 20 minutes or so...

• Sundog

Posted March 22, 2008 - 03:30 PM

This was done when I went to Missouri a month ago. Lots of rock steps and boiler plate rock....I think the bike going down on solid rock had something to do with it.

Anyway.....because I have adapter/risers for my bars I do not like the angle the probends sit at anyway. Have been thinking of going to the U-Clamp mounts....

But like the solutions mount if I could get away with it or maybe even Bonz mounts.

Posted Image

• JSV

Posted March 22, 2008 - 04:04 PM

This was done when I went to Missouri a month ago. Lots of rock steps and boiler plate rock....I think the bike going down on solid rock had something to do with it.

Anyway.....because I have adapter/risers for my bars I do not like the angle the probends sit at anyway. Have been thinking of going to the U-Clamp mounts....

But like the solutions mount if I could get away with it or maybe even Bonz mounts.

Posted Image

I started a thread on the General discussion about what angle they set at using the triple clamp brackets, I don't like them to far forward or to far back, about midway. I could definitely see how a hard hit directly down on a boulder would make that type of bend. Thanks for the photo, by the way are your guards angled more foward because of the mounting bracket?

Here's what I have on mine right now, KTM mounts.

Posted Image

• FastRides

Posted March 23, 2008 - 08:07 AM

Hey all, just thought I'd re-introduce an alternative here. BONZ bar mounts - they're a bit on the costly side ($70), but have been a solid combo with the Pro Bends - pics in my garage. I've taken some pretty serious hits on the front and impacts on the sides from wrecks and these have held up very well (i.e. I've had to straighten twists in the aluminum guards in a vise, but have had no issues where they mount - very stout set up). Check 'em out here:
http://www.bikebonz..../hgm/of_hgm.htm

One more tip - rather than buying the Cycra replacement parts (which are somewhat expensive and only come with one set of each part), consider going to your local hardware store and stocking up on replacement bolts (metric) for front and bar ends. :confused:
Good luck. Mark

• Sundog

Posted March 23, 2008 - 08:21 AM

Hey all, just thought I'd re-introduce an alternative here. BONZ bar mounts - they're a bit on the costly side ($70), but have been a solid combo with the Pro Bends - pics in my garage.

Yep...is an alternative...and has been mentioned...look two posts up from yours. :confused:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FastRides

Posted March 23, 2008 - 05:37 PM

Yep...is an alternative...and has been mentioned...look two posts up from yours. :confused:

Ahh rats- missed it in the fine print (and validated my signiture again...). :excuseme:

• sts475

Posted March 26, 2008 - 04:25 PM

Dude,

I took off the triple clamp mounts and put it on the bar. Much less shock and vibration and no noticeable difference in strength. I have rubber mounted bars which helps even more. That set up is a pain in the butt!

Good Luck!

STS.

• Diesel_Junkie

Posted August 07, 2008 - 08:31 AM

I have bent 4 of cycra's tripple clamp mount brackets now....

I remember seeing a picture of a tripple clamp mount that was ~3x thicker in the direction they always bend, and with counter bores for the bolt heads because of the thickness. They were red anodized too.

Does anyone konw who makes those and where to get them?

Thanks,

• Demo_Slug

Posted August 07, 2008 - 09:43 AM

I have bent 4 of cycra's tripple clamp mount brackets now....

I remember seeing a picture of a tripple clamp mount that was ~3x thicker in the direction they always bend, and with counter bores for the bolt heads because of the thickness. They were red anodized too.

Does anyone konw who makes those and where to get them?

Thanks,

I searched for you, http://amproracing.com/Parts.htm
.Posted Image

on bikes
Posted Image

• Diesel_Junkie

Posted August 07, 2008 - 04:06 PM

Sweet!

• Diesel_Junkie

Posted August 11, 2008 - 11:58 AM

So as it turns out AM PRO quit selling these, but Zip TY makes them...

Just ordered a pair from zip ty, cant wait.

Odly Zip Ty does not have them on their website yet.

Hopefully no more bent hand gaurd mounts.

• Diesel_Junkie

Posted August 15, 2008 - 10:25 AM

I installed the AM Pro tripple clamp mounts last night.

They are very thick, and shorter, reducing leverage, i doubt they will ever bend.

Also, they do not required clearancing to fit the headlight plastics like the cycra tripple clamp mounts do.

I like them, highly recommended.

• Diesel_Junkie

Posted August 19, 2008 - 10:08 PM

I took a pick of the am pro triple clamp mounts... they are machined with angles that match the hand guard bars well.

These are pretty indestructible. Dropped the bike on the right side pretty hard on these.... no problem.

Also, the big plus is that they do not require clearancing for the headlight plastic like the cycra ones do.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Demo_Slug

Posted August 20, 2008 - 12:30 AM

I took a pick of the am pro triple clamp mounts... they are machined with angles that match the hand guard bars well.

These are pretty indestructible. Dropped the bike on the right side pretty hard on these.... no problem.

Also, the big plus is that they do not require clearancing for the headlight plastic like the cycra ones do.

did they come with tripple clamp screws? or are you still using the ones I got you?

• Swiveler1973

Posted August 21, 2008 - 10:30 AM

I have a set of these on my 2007 wr450 I had to grind on them some to make them fit but I think they are great. I suppose a hard hit do some serious damage. This has not yet happened to me after being put down hard many times.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.