WR/YZ Shock differences

6 replies to this topic
  • Protocav

Posted June 04, 2007 - 12:06 PM

Can anyone tell me if the rear shocks are different between a WR and a YZ? i am looking for something to bolt to my 2004 yz450f, and i like the feel of the 06 yz450f rear end. can a WR shock be used in it's place?

thanks.

• Protocav

Posted June 05, 2007 - 04:41 PM

anyone?

• grayracer513

Posted June 05, 2007 - 09:18 PM

Primarily, the difference between a WR and a YZ of the same year is valving, since the spring rates are pretty much the same.

The shocks of both models '03-'05 are physically interchangeable, but when you say you like the '06 YZ, and then ask if you can replace an '04 YZ shock with a WR unit, I'm afraid I don't follow what you want to achieve.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Protocav

Posted June 06, 2007 - 07:10 AM

I'm afraid I don't follow what you want to achieve.

Essentially, i want to put an 06-07 YZF/WR rear shock on my 04 yzf. a YZF shock would be ideal, but i wanted to know if a WR shock is ok too.

thanks

• torqueme

Posted June 06, 2007 - 10:28 AM

If you like the feel of the '06YZ450F rear end - you will hate the feel of any year WR shock, much softer. As Gray said, internal valving is much different. I use WR rear suspension because it is much more "woods friendly."

• grayracer513

Posted June 06, 2007 - 11:04 AM

The smartest and least expensive thing to do in your case would be to have your stock shock rebuilt and revalved to your liking.

• Protocav

Posted June 07, 2007 - 07:26 AM

awesome, thanks for the info!

Chad

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.