XR650R Rear Brake Fade

1 reply to this topic
  • lucky13

Posted June 04, 2007 - 08:20 AM

I have an 01 XR650R that has both SM and Dirt set ups. I recently went back to the SM Setup and when I went for my first ride, realized I had no rear brake. I drained and bled the system to the point it was shooting out fluid when I hit the brake in the bleeding process.

Well, I went for another ride and after after 2 or 3 taps of the rear brake it faded again.

Any ideas? I checked the brake pads, fluid level, whether or not they are dragging... everything seems to be ok.

:thumbsup: :) :ride: :ride: :ride: :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Firelyle

Posted June 04, 2007 - 11:21 AM

Just a guess..but it sounds like you have lost a piston seal causing you to lose pressure in the caliper. If you bled the brakes correctly (as I'm sure you did) then most likely you are going to need a caliper rebuild or a least check to see why the caliper pistons are sticking or just not moving. Not hard to do...just go slow and keep it very clean!

Good luck

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.