I did something dum. Thoughts?

2 replies to this topic
  • shifty450

Posted June 04, 2007 - 06:55 AM

I just wanna know if any of you think I may have caused myself a future problem. Hopefully you guys will be more helpful than the last time I asked a question. Anywho...

I was checking my valve clearances on my '06 this weekend for the first time. They were spot on! Woohoo!!! Anyway, when I was wrenching to get all the punch marks to line up, I went a smidgen too far. So, being lazy, I just did a quick clockwise turn instead of going all the way around again. Does anyone think this could lead to some problems when I take it out riding next? I started it up after I got everything back together and everything seemed hunky dory. Should I have cause for alarm? Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thumper_Bloke

Posted June 04, 2007 - 07:32 AM

No problem. Especially if its only a few degrees, don't worry about it. Have you ever had starter kickback while trying to kickstart the engine? The crankshaft actually moves quite a few degrees backwards when this happens.

• shifty450

Posted June 04, 2007 - 08:30 AM

Alright, thanks. I didn't think so but wanted some confirmation. Muchass graciass.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.