Will A Pro Taper Pastrana Fmx Do On A 2007 Wr 450

10 replies to this topic
  • bluemoonrider

Posted June 04, 2007 - 03:00 AM

Still Trying To Solve My "tall Rider Problem" Will The Fmx Bar Fit The Original Mount?

• xrmarty

Posted June 04, 2007 - 10:27 AM

Yes. The 07 comes with a 1"1/8 mount. If you wanna go even taller you might want to check out the ProTaper Raptor bend. They're actually ATV bars but should fit and they're about 1" taller than Pastranas FMX.

• jtn 06 wr450

Posted June 04, 2007 - 11:15 AM

:ride: dont do it. i have gone down that road. the fmx bend is goofy and makes you hold your hands weird and get arm pump etc......
go with an atv bar with the taper. there are many out there but it appears renthal has the best choices. some with 5-6" rise, 32" width and 2" lay back.

i have the 06 wr450 and did the fmx and am now trying to sell them and get the renthals. also you will need to get extended cables from pro-motion at $30 bucks each to work with your new high risers. 2 throttle cables, 1 brake, 1 hot start lever cable. then you wil be in there.:thumbsup:

let me know if you find a good raised soft seat mfg. im still looking since SDG doesnt make one for the 06 wr450 yet...:)

• SJMC_DON

Posted June 04, 2007 - 12:53 PM

:ride: dont do it. i have gone down that road. the fmx bend is goofy and makes you hold your hands weird and get arm pump etc......
go with an atv bar with the taper. there are many out there but it appears renthal has the best choices. some with 5-6" rise, 32" width and 2" lay back.

i have the 06 wr450 and did the fmx and am now trying to sell them and get the renthals. also you will need to get extended cables from pro-motion at $30 bucks each to work with your new high risers. 2 throttle cables, 1 brake, 1 hot start lever cable. then you wil be in there.:thumbsup:

let me know if you find a good raised soft seat mfg. im still looking since SDG doesnt make one for the 06 wr450 yet...:)

Goofy is a description based on your preference... I love my Pastrana Bend...

Try guts racing for your seat.. every height and density of foam you could want, I have had their tall foam and gripper cover on all of my WR's:thumbsup:

• SXP

Posted June 04, 2007 - 07:57 PM

Goofy is a description based on your preference... I love my Pastrana Bend...

Another vote for the Pastrana fmx high bar. I'm 6' 3.5" and use it on my WR400 and like it. I wish it were a little wider though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jtn 06 wr450

Posted June 05, 2007 - 05:44 AM

goofy to get the full 4" of height they claim. if you roll them back (-1.5) to get the grips flat you lose the height. the atv bars give you full height with flat grips.

• SJMC_DON

Posted June 05, 2007 - 08:08 AM

goofy to get the full 4" of height they claim. if you roll them back (-1.5) to get the grips flat you lose the height. the atv bars give you full height with flat grips.

You might have point on the flat grips... my vote is still for the pro tapers regardles of what bend simply because they are the toughest bars I've found :thumbsup:

• bg10459

Posted June 05, 2007 - 12:21 PM

also you will need to get extended cables from pro-motion at $30 bucks each to work with your new high risers. 2 throttle cables, 1 brake, 1 hot start lever cable. then you wil be in there.:thumbsup:

When I added my BRP Submount it raised the bars too high for the stock cables. I was able to re-route the hot start cable and the brake cable was OK. I only needed the throttle cables and they were $60 plus shipping for the push-pull set from Motion Pro.:)

• bluemoonrider

Posted June 07, 2007 - 02:32 AM

When I added my BRP Submount it raised the bars too high for the stock cables. I was able to re-route the hot start cable and the brake cable was OK. I only needed the throttle cables and they were $60 plus shipping for the push-pull set from Motion Pro.:thumbsup:

Called Motion Pro, they didn't know regarding extended cables. You are sure the cables were long size? to you know the part no?

• bg10459

Posted June 07, 2007 - 04:31 AM

Called Motion Pro, they didn't know regarding extended cables. You are sure the cables were long size? to you know the part no?

I just asked for cables 2" longer than stock, based on info from another TT'er. I suppose if you're going with a REAL high bend, 2" may not be enough.:thumbsup:

• jtn 06 wr450

Posted June 08, 2007 - 05:37 AM

motion pro is the right place. you just need to tell them you need custom cables.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.