WR450 Street Legal?

5 replies to this topic
  • jhmotard

Posted June 03, 2007 - 05:49 PM

Anyone know if the 06's or 07's are street legal????

Looking to get one soon but if not...i'll have to save more for a Katoom.....

• Michigan DS

Posted June 03, 2007 - 07:44 PM

Not street legal out of the box. Go to East Toledo Honda/Yamaha and buy a new 07 WR450F for $5939.00 plus tax and buy the the kit from ebay for $140.00 and you are legal in Michigan.

Good Luck

http://cgi.ebay.com/...s_promot_widget

• jhmotard

Posted June 04, 2007 - 06:13 PM

Not street legal out of the box. Go to East Toledo Honda/Yamaha and buy a new 07 WR450F for $5939.00 plus tax and buy the the kit from ebay for $140.00 and you are legal in Michigan.

Good Luck

http://cgi.ebay.com/...s_promot_widget

what i really meant to ask is if the title would say "For Off-road Use Only" or not...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Michigan DS

Posted June 04, 2007 - 08:05 PM

The bike and title are not street legal from the dealer.

1. Do the mods ($140.00)
2. Have local Police Department inspect the bike and complete the DOT form.
3. Replace factory tires with DOT approved tires ($130.00) (Michelin AC-10s or others, there is a thread under the Dual Sport tab)
4. Take the signed DOT form to the Secretary of State

The Secretary of State will issue you a new title and license plate for street use. Your new title will no longer read "For off road use only".

I apologize for not knowing how to add attachments but would be happy to send you a copy of the DOT form if you PM me.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck,

DS

• fdubaaron

Posted June 05, 2007 - 04:43 PM

Alas, still a no go in WA.

• jhmotard

Posted June 05, 2007 - 05:44 PM

aha......i see now

thanks!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.