Yz450 dying suddenly

2 replies to this topic
  • ducatiwv

Posted June 03, 2007 - 03:48 PM

I have a 2003 Yz 450 , and just started riding again this year. The jetting is identical to last year and i have cleaned the carb twice today. It dies under hard acceleration, if i appy the throttle smoothly it is ok, it only bogs bad under hard throttle application from low speed. and if i put the bike in neutral and hit the throttle it dies or bogs really bad. I have notice the TPS sensor housing has a crack in it. Could this be tps or something else, this is driving me crazy:bonk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dustin008

Posted June 03, 2007 - 03:51 PM

Hey i have exactly the same problem with my Wr 250. It idles fine, but when i accelerate hard it just dies out. If i figure out what the problem is i will let you know.

• tonto256

Posted June 04, 2007 - 09:41 AM

Sounds like an accelerator pump problem. I'd check the AP to make sure it is working and timed correctly. They have a rubber diaphragm in them that does go out over time. It is easy to work on and cheap to rebuild.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.