Rekluse Clutch 04 YZ 450

5 replies to this topic
  • yz4fun

Posted June 03, 2007 - 01:29 PM

What are the pros&cons of a Recluse Clutch on a 04 YZ 450?.Is it worth the $400 or should i just gear down?would like any & all comments. thanks.BTW I ride trails in western Washington.

• 2wheels-drz

Posted June 03, 2007 - 02:40 PM

think the main advantage on the that the bike will never stall, and with the 04 in woods/trails your arm will pump from constantly working the clutch... i say ride first, if you finding your arm pumping up, or your stalling alot, get one, if not don't.

• Climber

Posted June 04, 2007 - 04:59 AM

On the 04, you will still need a FWW as it has a very light one in stock form and is more prone to stalling. I have an 04 and an 06. The 06 has a rekluse and is (so far) only for track use. I like the rekluse on it but think that it is best for the woods (here in Colorado). I might take it out the 06 and put it in the 04.

What I really like about the rekluse, is that you can start out on a steep inclin, or with the wheel up against a big rock just about as easily as starting on flat ground. And, although I like the 4spd for track better than the 5 spd, the opposite is true for the woods. I plan to go to a wr gear set in the 04. I think that that with the rekluse and a bigger FWW, would be a nice setup for woods.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yz_for_me

Posted June 04, 2007 - 11:38 AM

I've got a Rekluse on my '03 and really like it for woods. I've noticed mine can still stall occasionally under the the right or should I say wrong circumstances. I think I could probablya adjust it a little better so it wouldn't stall, but I just haven't had the time.

I would suggest a FWW. I have a GYTR 9oz on mine and love the way it smoothed out the power.

I would also suggest the clutch perch adapter. I don't have one and find myself wanting to manually clutch it sometimes.

One of the best things about the Rekluse is reduced fatigue and arm pump. I find that I can ride more aggresively for much longer with the Rekluse than I could w/o it primarily because I don't get arm pump nearly as bad when I don't have to use the clutch.

• yz4fun

Posted June 07, 2007 - 06:34 PM

thanks for the input,i think i am going to try the fww first and go from there.

• torqueme

Posted June 07, 2007 - 11:53 PM

I have both (FWW & Rekluse) on my 426 & this bike still runs when it lays on it's side. All I have to do is pick it up & keep going...

Related Content

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.