Trailtech Vapor Install on a 1998 Yamaha WR400 problems

2 replies to this topic
  • gearb0x

Posted June 02, 2007 - 10:48 PM

I'm just finishing the Vapor install on my 98 wr400, I'm having some troubles with the tach when the unit is powered from the bike.

I have both grounds comming back to the coil mount, the tach wire connected to the splade connector on the coil and the power coming off the headlight

Currently if i leave the power lines disconnected, it works perfectly. But as soon as I hook up the Unit power, the RPM roughly doubles and becomes a lot more jumpy where as before hooking up power it was steady.

Anyone here have any ideas?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 04WR450man

Posted June 03, 2007 - 03:12 AM

Try grounding the wires somewhere else, I done mine on the speedo bracket, its probably too close to the coil so messing up the reading.

• gearb0x

Posted June 03, 2007 - 07:50 PM

speedo bracket? will that ground good?

I also tried running the power wires directly into the head light plug, red for power black for ground. Still the same problems

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.