Wr front wheel hub same as Yz

5 replies to this topic
  • cashflow911

Posted June 02, 2007 - 05:16 PM

Hey guys I was wondering if you can tell me what bikes I can use the front wheel off of for my 06 Wr450. I folded my front rim over and broke half the spokes on my bike and was looking on ebay for another one. It looks like I bent my hub so I think I can get a used wheel cheaper than building a new one. I was looking at a couple of wheels from a YZ250f and 450f. The rims seem to have the same part number but I was wondering if the hub is different due to the speed dominator hookup. Thanks

• MountainMax

Posted June 03, 2007 - 07:09 AM

the Hubs are different on the YZ's sorry.

• SFDemo

Posted June 03, 2007 - 07:32 AM

I put a an 02 YZ front wheel on my 99 WR400 with no problem. The YZ wheel doesn't have the part for the mechanical odometer, but that was really an issue for me. I have a 19" YZ rear also, and it bolted right on, so I have street and off road tires on rims, with only a few minutes to swap out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MountainMax

Posted June 03, 2007 - 08:02 AM

That's why I said they were different, I don't need it either but they are different and you will lose your speedo, unless you buy a Trailtech computer which gets it's pickup off a magnetic bolt on the Brake Rotor....

• CaseyWR450

Posted June 03, 2007 - 08:33 AM

I've took my 03' WR450 rim off and run it on my 01' YZ250F for 3 races now and everything is fine. :thumbsup:

• cashflow911

Posted June 03, 2007 - 12:20 PM

I guess ill just have to find a wr wheel then. I knew the rim was the same but like you guys confirmed I wasnt sure about the hub for the speedo. Next time I will have to remember not to have such a dramatic crash.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.